There are many good reasons to write a book inspired by your personal
experiences. But there are also wrong reasons to become a writer.
Writing a memoir can be about capturing unforgettable memories,
sharing a life-changing experience, revealing a secret, or rediscovering
oneself. By having your experiences on paper, your book might have a
positive impact on someone else’s life.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE RIGHT REASONS TO WRITE A MEMOIR:
• To reveal a side of you no one knows
• To examine your choices in the past and their connection with your life today
• To remember the best shared moments • To share a life-changing experience
• To reveal your emotional truths
• To heal from your childhood traumas
• To show appreciation to someone in your life • To teach what you have learned
• To share your perspective about life
• Writing for your family and future generations
• You feel you have an important message to deliver
• To connect with people who share the same life experience or perspective.
• To feel good
SOME OF THE WRONG REASONS TO WRITE A MEMOIR:
• Wish for fame
• Wish for wealth
• Writing for others
• To show that your are smart and worth it