Writing a memoir is not the same as writing an autobiography book.
Here are the differences between them:
An Autobiography or Biography
This type of book presents a revealing account of:
- A person’s entire life.
- Their personal history.
- Their birth, youth, and adulthood, ending with old age.
- Their secrets, education, conflicts, and achievements.
- Their personal history recounted in chronological order.
Also, a biography or autobiography is usually written at the end of
someone’ s life. A biography can also be written about someone else,
such as a celebrity, important historical figure, famous athlete,
politician, or spiritual leader, among others.
- Any significant event or a series of moments in one’s life.
- A piece or timeframe of a person’s life.
- Though it can be about anything, it usually features an event or series of
events turned into stories that reveal a message.
- For example, it can be about the death of someone you loved, the
habits of your older brother, a trip to Europe, a spiritual insight, becoming
a writer, finding true love, or life on the beach.
- A memoir focuses on particular events that relate to each other in order
to reveal a life lesson.
Remember, a memoir should be interesting in itself, and should be about
your intimate, personal experiences.
An inspiring memoir is written like a novel, and should include these
important elements: Characters, Location, Conflict, Structure, Point of
View, Conclusion and Message.